Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Shopping in this Economy?

Forget about it! OK, well not completely. There are still ways to shop for your favorite items in this crummy economy. The key is to to do a little research beforehand. Here are some tips that will go a long way and save you some dough!

1) Check out fashion blogs
If you're big on shopping and keeping up with the latest trends, the best way is to read a few blogs. Add them to your Google Reader and browse through them with your morning coffee. Most of these blogs post links to sales the writer's have found or places you can save a lot of money. For example, Style It Less is a fantastic blog that provides links to outfits put together by the writer.

2) Sample Sales & Outlets
I rediscovered outlets a few months ago when I was shopping for a winter coat. I wanted a designer winter coat at an inexpensive price. I took a 2 hour drive north to Woodbury Commons in New York -- what a place. I immediately fell in love. Everything was discounted and everything was gorgeous. I ended up buying a plush purple overcoat for a reasonable price (ended up buying a plethora of other things too)

3) Online Shopping
Like many, I have embraced the world of technology. I enjoy blogging, Twittering, Facebooking, and everything else that deals with the internet. However, I was never a fan of online shopping. What if I got the wrong size? Or something didn't look as great as it did online? Well, once the economy hit my wallet, I decided to take the leap of faith. Turns out, I judged too quickly -- online shopping isn't all that bad. If you browse around, you find so many great items that you wouldn't find in the stores. You can find coupon codes with a basic Google search and almost always get free shipping or a 10% discount. Definitely a much needed saving during these times.

Hope these tips help you get those nifty items!! Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment